Technical Artist (Mid – Senior Levels)
- Location: Manchester, UK
- Job Type: Permanent / Full-Time
- Salary: Negotiable Salary
How to Apply
Airship Interactive is the leading end-to-end external art and co-development studio for the global gaming industry.
We have collaborated with the biggest names in the industry and carved a solid reputation on the back of our results. EA, 2K, Guerilla, Sony, 343 Industries, Ubisoft and Microsoft are just a few of the companies that trust us to breathe life into their flagship titles. Dynamic, and responsive, while remaining consistent, we’re the studio of choice for industry leaders. Recommended by the industry, for the industry.
Our crewmates are fuelled by passion within the games industry, innovation to remain competitive, agile and efficient in the fast-paced world of video games development. We are reliable in producing quality work ensuring our clients get the products they need within the timeframe required. Our set ethical methodology promotes a healthy and happy culture that enables us to have continuous growth within our studio.
We’re looking for someone who is aligned with our core values and have the following skills and experience.
As a Technical Artist you will work across multiple cutting-edge AAA games where your unique skillset will help shape the workflow of the future. We value ownership of the art and tech you create therefore you will work with the Lead Artist to design and implement new features, tools and processes into our in-house game development framework.
- Creating simulations and procedural geometry in Houdini.
- Implementing Houdini simulations and tools into the game pipeline.
- Working independently and as well as working closely with various departments within art, animation and production.
- Optimizing results to fit game performances constraints.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of AI within games, including AI tools for improving efficiency, level design, system driven object placement, erosion and other areas of procedural, parametric and AI solutions.
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve workflow processes by scripting solutions to common problems across all services.
- Build tools to improve the pipeline for asset creation, both in-engine and in 3D software packages.
- Deep understanding of Houdini procedural modelling and content creation.
- Experience with particles, destructions, and simulation.
- Experience with photogrammetry (3D Scanning).
- Understanding and being able to optimise for games performance limitations.
- Experience with exchanging data with game engines (models, textures, simulations).Working with
- Blender, Shaderforge, Unreal Engine, Procedural Geometry creation with Substance3D, Geometry
- Nodes, AI Upressing techniques, image synthesis.
- An excellent understanding of 3D hierarchical/transformation concepts and tree structures.
- Passion for the technical implementation and tool development.
- Passion for video games and understanding of their future, both from an industry and a technical standpoint.
- Previous experience within released titles
- Examples of showcasing the above
As well as the usual entitlements of holidays, pensions etc we also offer the below:
- Flexible onsite and hybrid working environment
- Menstrual leave
- Free Flu jabs
- Course grants
- Personal development time every Friday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced Paternity and Maternity Pay
- Perkbox with daily freebies
- Relocation assistance
- EAP / Talking therapy