Animator – Mid
Location: Bucharest and Lancashire
Please state which location you are applying for in your application
Here at Airship Images, we are always trying to push the quality bar! Therefore, as an Animator you will help bring characters and various other assets to life whilst working collaboratively with the rest of the animation team. You need to demonstrate a solid understanding of human, creature, and mechanical animation fundamentals. You are driven by delivering compelling cutting-edge animations where you push the boundaries of what animation can accomplish.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about video games and be able to adapt and have fun in our fast-paced environment. You will possess strong problem-solving skills that allow you to work independently as well as collaboratively.
We’re looking for someone who is aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience.
- Professional experience working with Maya with a broad understanding of it’s animation tools.
- At least 2 years of experience working in games, films,vfx as an animator
- Experience in working with motion capture data
- Skills in animating the human bipedal figure, creatures as well as other organic and mechanical variations consistently to a very high standard
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of timing and animation fundamentals ( would be a bonus if you have knowledge of Disney’s 12 principles of animation)
- Willingness to learn new tools, and keep trying to achieve the best quality by exploring the limits of any given tool
- Good knowledge of general pipelines and workflows in-game animation production and limitations of how gameplay and real-time issues can affect animations
- Solid rigging and skinning skills
- Effective multi-tasking, prioritisation, organising skills and proactively solve problems, and deliver on schedule
- Very good communication skills. Should be able to collaborate with other team members, producers, and also take ownership of your work
Please note that these are not essential to apply for the position.
- Knowledge of game engines (Unity or Unreal Engine)
- Experience using blend spaces, blend trees, or state machines.
- Proficiency with MotionBuilder.
- Basic Knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.)
- Collaborate with other animators in the team as well as the other departments to achieve high-quality animations under tight deadlines.
- Troubleshoot and help leads to guide juniors.
- Support the leads and art directors in planning and estimations
- Support leads and principle animators in R&D