Junior Environment Artist
Duration: 6 - 12 Month Contract
Location: Bucharest, Lancashire
Please state which location you are applying for in your application.
Here at Airship Images, we are always trying to push the quality bar! Therefore, as Junior Environment Artist you will help create stunning 3D worlds for various next-generation AAA game titles from top studios around the globe. As a Junior Environment Artist, you will need to demonstrate a good understanding of modelling, texturing, and lighting game environments.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about video games and be able to adapt and have fun in our fast-paced environment. You will possess strong problem-solving skills that allow you to work independently as well as collaboratively.
We’re looking for someone who is aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience.
- Strong portfolio demonstrates a good understanding of 3D modelling techniques and general pipelines
- Experience of industry-standard 3D package; Maya, 3ds Max, or Blender for modelling, Substance Designer/Painter and Photoshop for texturing.
- Basic understanding of modular approaches in-game environment production
- Understanding of PBR workflow in texturing
- Basic understanding of shader functionality
- Knowledge of lighting game environments and composition
- Knowledge of game engines (preferably Unreal engine)
- Knowledge of limitations in real-time game asset creation
- Willingness to learn new tools, and keep trying to achieve the best quality by exploring the limits of any given tool
- Effective multi-tasking, prioritisation, organising skills and proactively solve problems and deliver on schedule
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Knowledge of procedural approaches in world-building
- Substance designer experience
If you think this role would suit you please send a copy of your CV, portfolio & cover letter to: email@example.com