Lead Groom Artist
Here at Airship Interactive our core values are Growth, Innovation, Passion, Ethics, Quality and Reliability. We are looking for strong leaders to become the pillars of our rapidly growing team! The Lead Groom Artist will maintain technical and visual consistency and quality defined by our clients. You will guide the team on a project and set the example in asset creation to meet the standards set by both external and internal direction. A strong understanding of production methods and efficient workflows is key to this role. The Lead Groom Artist sets the tone of the team through professionalism and excellence in verbal communication and emotional intelligence.
We’re looking for someone who is aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience.
- Involved with client meetings and facilitates communication / direction to in-house artists
- Offers direction to character artists for visual and technical considerations
- Maintains schedule in cooperation with production
- Monitors quality across team to ensure consistent deliveries to client
- Mentors artists in technical and artistic techniques
- Troubleshooting problems and mentoring Junior artists
- Provides leadership for artists across multiple projects
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Senior or Lead Character or Groom Artist
- At least one AAA game shipped
- Effective at managing people and tasks for teams up to 15 people in size
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Expert understanding of optimal hair/fur asset construction and best practices
- Excellent knowledge of XGen or other strand based grooming tools
- Understanding of industry-standard modelling and texturing software; Maya (preferred), 3ds Max, Blender, Substance Designer/Painter, and Photoshop
- Ability to realize grooms from concepts and art briefs and communicate to team members how to approach their construction
- Excellent knowledge of hair texturing and shading workflows
- Experience with production softwares; P4V, Shotgrid, Jira. Etc.
- Experience with Realtime Game Engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
Please note that these are not essential to apply for the position.
- Traditional drawing, painting and sculpting experience
- Experience in character art creation
- Understanding of Animation and Rigging
- Experience with realtime hair / fur shader solutions
If you think this role would suit you please send a copy of your CV, portfolio & cover letter to: email@example.com