Founded in 2010, Airship Interactive is a world-leading external art partner. Passionate about pushing game art to its limits, Airship is growing rapidly, whilst maintaining its reliable, quality focussed reputation, well known across the industry.
Here at Airship Interactive, we are always trying to push the quality bar! Therefore, as Animation lead, you will help bring characters and various other assets to life whilst leading the rest of the animation team on various next-generation AAA game titles from top studios around the globe. The Lead Animator’s main responsibilities are to plan, evaluate & direct the work of their team and its impact across projects.
- Competitive salary, benefits & referral bonus.
- Unique opportunity to work on many AAA projects across the industry
- Develop your skills with our experienced art leaders, technology & industry events
- Equipment, software & training material.
- Caring & supporting office experience. Competitive & unique perks, Childcare, No Crunch, Physical & Mental Health focussed.
- Define, Schedule & plan work deliverables based on client requirements and skillsets within the studio
- Ensure that the work of the team follows the quality standards, artistic direction and set deadlines
- Work closely with clients both internally & externally to achieve objectives
- Fully understand the expectations of the game & clients/project owners
- Develop solutions to problems that exist or occur during the production of a project
- Create a motivational and integrated growth mentality within the studio
Qualifications & Expectations
- Minimum 4 years of experience in animation roles
- Experience in a management or leadership role
- Good knowledge of a 3d package – Maya, and MotionBuilder
- Good knowledge of engines such as Unity / UE4/5
- Scripting in Motionbuilder a plus, but not required
- Good understanding of animation principles – timing, weight, composition and balance
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize the team’s work in the context of given timescales and quality requirements
- Strong leadership skills, time and priority management
- Ability to create and develop productive teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Knowledge sharing attitude and ability to mentor & develop less experienced people
- Fluent English & other language skills a plus
- Experience in the gaming industry will be considered an advantage.
What we offer
- Opportunity to work on AAA projects in a studio with an excellent international client base and reputation
- Work with an excellent team of highly motivated and talented people
- Professional working environment & work standards
- Incentive, performance & benefits package
- Competitive and motivating salary
- Work with others across multiple international studios
- Competitive relocation assistance for individuals and families.
- Affordable office locations
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide their CV along with a portfolio of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
Apply at email@example.com