Location: Bucharest and Lancashire
Please state which location you are applying for in your application.
Here at Airship Images, we are always trying to push the quality bar! As a Senior Animator at Airship Images, you will be a second officer of the crew who ensures the smooth sailing of the animation team. You need to demonstrate outstanding knowledge of human, creature, and mechanical animation fundamentals as well as advanced techniques and pipelines. You are driven by delivering compelling cutting-edge animations where you push the boundaries of what animation can accomplish.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about video games and be able to adapt and have fun in our fast-paced environment. You will possess strong problem-solving skills that allow you to work independently as well as collaboratively.
We’re looking for someone who is aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience.
- Professional experience and expert knowledge of working with Maya and advanced knowledge of its animation tools.
- At least 3+ years of experience working in games, films,vfx as an animator.
- Advanced rigging and skinning skills
- Solid knowledge of working with motion capture data
- In-depth knowledge of animating the human bipedal figure, creatures as well as other organic and mechanical variations consistently to a very high standard
- Have extensive experience in creating animations for PC and console games.
- Demonstrate through their portfolio solid in-game animations illustrating a clear understanding of the various animation principles
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of timing and animation fundamentals (would be a bonus if you have a thorough knowledge of Disney’s 12 principles of animation)
- Willingness to learn new tools, and keep trying to achieve the best quality by exploring the limits of any given tool
- In-depth knowledge of general pipelines and workflows in-game animation production and limitations of how gameplay and real-time issues can affect animations
- Effective multi-tasking, prioritisation, organising skills and proactively solve problems, and deliver on schedule
- Very good communication skills. Should be able to collaborate with other team members, producers, and also take ownership of your work
- Able to give clear, constructive feedback and manage a team of animators
Please note that these are not essential to apply for the position.
- Knowledge of game engines (Unity or Unreal Engine)
- Experience using blend spaces, blend trees, or state machines.
- Proficiency with MotionBuilder.
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.)
- Provide detailed input about the animation creation process, from modelling, rigging, and final animation.
- Be heavily involved in the continued development of tools and pipeline processes, maintaining an understanding of industry best practices
- Assist the Lead Animators in mentoring, planning, and scheduling
- Serve as an active participant in team discussions, critiques, and reviews
- Meet production schedules and deadlines
- Take ownership of the collective work of the team, troubleshoot and assist juniors
- Assist lead animators and art directors in workshop and training