Senior Environment Artist
Location: Bucharest and Lancashire
Please state which location you are applying for in your application.
Here at Airship Images, we are always trying to push the quality bar! Therefore as Senior Environment Artist you will help create stunning 3D worlds for various next-generation AAA game titles from top studios around the globe. You will need to demonstrate a good understanding of modeling, texturing, and lighting game environments.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about video games and be able to adapt and have fun in our fast-paced environment. You will possess strong problem-solving skills that allow you to work independently as well as collaboratively.
We’re looking for someone who is aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience.
- Strong portfolio demonstrates an excellent understanding of 3D modeling techniques and general pipelines
- 4+ years of experience as an environment artist
- Advanced, In-depth knowledge of industry standard 3D package; Maya, 3ds Max, or Blender for modeling, Substance Designer/Painter, and Photoshop for texturing.
- Solid understanding of modular approaches in game environment production
- Expert knowledge of PBR workflow in texturing and how to author materials
- Solid understanding of shader functionality
- Expert knowledge of photogrammetry
- Experience in substance painter
- Advanced knowledge of lighting game environments and composition
- In-depth understanding of game engines ( preferably Unreal engine )
- Broad understanding of limitations in real-time game asset creation
- Willingness to learn new tools, and keep trying to achieve the best quality by exploring the limits of any given tool
- Effective multitasking, prioritisation, organising skills and proactively solve problems and deliver on schedule
- Strong understanding of color theory and composition
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills.
Please note that these are not essential to apply for the position.
- Knowledge of procedural approaches in world-building
- Traditional drawing and sculpting
- Create high fidelity game environments both realistic and stylized whilst assisting junior artists to push the quality bar and maintaining a consistent quality trough out of the project
- Lighting and composition of entire environments and troubleshooting
- Author materials that are light on resources and high in performance
- Assisting leads and art directors on planning and scheduling
- Actively involve in feedback loops and assisting leads and art directors
- Support and mentor other artists who are less experienced and require more direction